Thursday, March 5, 2009

When is Apple Going to Get Serious

I don't understand why Apple has not gone after the business/enterprise market in light of all the changes in the industry over the last 12 months. I think that this a perfect time for Apple to spread its wings and get with the program.

I have seen Apple come from a startup to the producer of fine computing machines over the last 30 years. The OS took a side step a few years back and is based on Unix. The Laptops Apple is producing are getting smaller and more powerful. The iMac, whose concept, surely was copied from the Gateway Profile (don't know why it didn't work for them), has taken off. Applications are, for the most part, no longer an issue of compatibility. The iPhone has had overwhelming success in both the business and personal sectors. So why not go after the corporate market?

I have heard different reasons as to why, but I am not sure I understand. I have heard of the expense it would take to put a support group in place. I have heard that consistance of components can be a problem, and I can think of a few more, but is that really what is holding Apple back.

It seems that the corporate world is just begging to be tapped, in all industries. Not just the Ad and Media companies are allowing Mac's in the door these days. In just about every organization I have been to over the last year, I have seen Macs. So what's up?

Maybe it is time to take a hard look at this market. In times such as these that most economies are shrinking, Apple could lead the charge to reverse the flow. Think what it might do for the shareholders!

I for one, would love to take a stab at selling Apple products into the Corporate world. I must admit that I am still trying to use all the features on my MacBook, but it has not swayed me back into the world of the evil empire. And with Microsoft missing a beat with Vista, what better timing could there be.

Come on Apple Give it a try, I think that you will like what you will find out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment