Thursday, March 12, 2009

Problems with a Mac.. Believe it or Not..... YES

It all started about the end of last year. I purchased a new Apple software program called Aperture. The program is a high end photo editing software package that competes with Photoshop but costs about a third.

If you have read "Secure or Not Secure", over the last few weeks you know I have had problems with disk space on my Mac. I purchased a program that identifies duplicate files called dupeGuru, by Hardcoded Software, which seemed to work well. The problem is I still don't have any more disk space now that I have eliminated, about 30,000 pictures. Surely that would do it!!

Well it hasn't, so I am doing what every conscientious IT Manager would do, I am looking for garbage files I can get rid of. So far, I have moved my photo library off my hard drive, now my iTunes Library, and I am not sure what is next.

I have purchased almost two T's of external storage and still my data goes up! I think there is more going on here then I am aware of.

If someone knows what is eating my disk space...... Please let me know!

Off to Trash some more files................

No comments:

Post a Comment