Friday, March 20, 2009

Off To My Other Job

In light of these tough financial times for me and the rest of the world, I have had to pick up a second job. I have been moon lighting as a photographer, photographing the Winter Equestrian Festival in Wellington, Florida. It is kinda ironic when you see the amount of money that is spent on horses and the equine industry when you are there, and to know that the rest of the world is in financial crisis.

The show started in the first week of January and ends at the end of March. The top riders in the world are here to test their skills at jumping the highest jumps the fastest. It is quite an exciting sport to watch. In addition to the best riders in the world, the rich and famous are here to try their skills as well. Bruce Springsteen's daughter, John Mellencamp's daughter, Madonna, as well as many others have been through here to compete with their steeds. Lou Dobb's daughter, Hillary and Mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg's daughter Georgina, are a couple of the top riders for the US equestrian team.

So with one more week to go, I am a bit distracted from IT, trying to make the ends meet. This will be one of the top weekends, with the finals of the $400,000 Fidelity Consulting Classic.

I am off to see the rich and famous, maybe I will get lucky and someone will want to hire me!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment