Friday, March 13, 2009

Problem with a Mac....Solved!

Today is Friday and I will try to keep it short. I know, I have a great deal to do today!!! I am sure you do as well.......

You may have read yesterdays Blog, I was having problems with my Mac's hard drive. It seemed as soon as I loaded Apple's Aperture Photo editing software and loaded my pictures into it my hard drive became full. The funny thing was, it was only claiming to use up 9 Gig's of space. I could not figure it out. I had copied an image of the folder to my external drive and it was showing almost 70 Gig's. I figured that the version I had on my laptop was cleaner though and therefore only was 9 gig in size.

Well, in order to keep up with all the massive amounts of storage I am consuming, almost 3 Terabytes now, I purchased a external portable drive, to house only my photo library, to get it off my laptop.

Once I got home yesterday afternoon, I transferred the 9 Gig Aperture library off my laptop to my new 380 Gig external drive. And low and behold, I freed up over 50 Gig on my laptop!!!!!

Okay, how is this explained? On the laptop, I have no space, but the folder shows only 9 Gig, when I look at the folder on the external drive it shows it is 52 Gig's used. I am not sure the reason for this discrepancy. The only reason I can surmise is that because my drive was so full, the amount of data could not accurately be determined.

Oh well, it's working great now!!

Have a Happy Friday and a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment